What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you, which may include sensitive personal data, when you make an enquiry on our website, when we visit your home in order to conduct a home survey and when we speak to you, and information about your participation in a field trial. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys and provide feedback. Website usage information is also collected using cookies. If you pass information to us about a third party such as a tenant then you must ensure that you have their permission in order to pass this information to us.
How will we use the information about you?
We will use and store the information that you provide in order to:
- give you an estimate and then an accurate quotation for the installation of a boiler
- provide services, such as delivery, installation, advice, servicing and maintenance
- carry out financial checks and for other finance related purposes such as credit checks, collecting payment and accounting
- provide general customer service including complaint resolution, resolution of technical issues and aftercare
- develop our products including obtaining customer feedback on products and installation, to assist in the identifying of issues and improving of the product, and in the resolution of safety issues
- evaluate performance data from field trials of boilers, room thermostats and any other products we may develop from time to time
- create and analyse sales performance statistics
- undertake marketing including providing introductory offers, and testimonials, but only if you have given us explicit consent to do so
- comply with any regulatory requirements
Who will we share your information with?
In order to process your request this may mean that we need to share your personal information with the following:
- our IT system providers
- other contractors
- other companies within the BDR Thermea group
- landlords and tenants g. debt-collection companies
- regulatory bodies
- any of our partners who offer product repair warranties
- research and data partners
These third parties also have an obligation to keep your personal information secure.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if Baxi Heating UK Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Controlling the marketing information you receive
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, text message or post.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners identified to you by email, telephone, text message or post.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, we will use it for that purpose. You can change your mind by emailing us at email@example.com.
Main Heating will not share personal data for any commercial or marketing purpose unrelated to its products and services without asking you first or where the law requires us to share it. We may share data within the BDR Thermea group of companies. We do not rent or sell our customer lists to any third party organisation. Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, which is in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any subsequent legislation.
Sending data over the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the safety of your data while it is in transit. Any data you send is at your own risk. However, Baxi has adequate procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Transfers of information outside the EEA
The personal information that we collect from you may be transferred to and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA) as our third party IT systems providers offer hosting services there.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to use at the address below. We may make a charge for this. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
Or write to us at: Baxi Heating UK Limited, Brooks House, Coventry Road, Warwick, CV34 4LL